The Government has provided much needed additional funding to help improve the provision of P.E. (Physical Education) and sport in primary schools and to ensure that these improvements are sustainable. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of P.E. and Sport in schools. Our Sports Premium Plan is incorporated into our School Improvement Plan and is worked on by our School Improvement Team (SIT1) led by Mr Smith.
We are proud of our PE and sports at Pirbright and are holders of the School Games GOLD Award for our sports and PE offer in KS2 and the Three-Star award from Surrey Active Schools for KS1. Opportunities for sport at Pirbright are far and wide and include a range of clubs for children throughout the school, including The Daily Mile which runs every morning, alongside a huge number of extra-curricular events including trips to see professional sports in action. We have a dedicated sports coach who supports the teaching of PE across the school on a weekly basis.
Sports Premium Funding Objectives
(please see plan for a more detailed breakdown of how we will achieve these objectives).
- To improve swimming provision
- To provide opportunities for children to have leadership roles in school sport
- To maximise participation in extra-curricular sports and active clubs.
- To improve military pupil involvement in sports
- To improve pupil premium involvement in sports
- To improve teachers’ skills in PE teaching
- To develop motor skills and coordination in EYFS
- To resource large whole school sports events
- To incorporate ‘accessible’ sports into our program of clubs.
- To support the development of racquet sports.
- To take part in new sports at a competitive inter- sport level.
- To impact on sports in the local community.
- To improve active play facilities for KS2
- To provide KS1 inter-school sports
- To achieve 3 stars for KS1 Star Mark
- To employ a new sports initiative with specialist coaches
- To manage Sports Premium budget, plan, monitor and feedback.
- To reward success and effort through awards
- To provide additional opportunities for the most able children
- To teach road safety and cycling skills
- To ensure pride in representing the school
- To ensure adequate staff supervision for events